Friday, November 12, 2010

It's a REVOLUTION!!!

Okay, not really but A LOT of people are getting REALLY upset about the new body scanners being implemented by the Transportation Security Administration.

To many travelers, airline security procedures have become increasingly invasive.


Above: What the TSA considers noninvasive...

I've never been singled out for questioning for additional screening but I can imagine the general experience would suck. The new scanners seem to bother people on a whole new level. Who knows? This might actually be the last catalyzing event for some change... even if it's just at the airport and not really all that substantial. Personally, I'd just like to not have to take off my shoes and belt.

But enough with that nonsense. Through my wasted time on the Internet, I believe I found the first pilot to stand up to TSA body scanning procedure. His name is Michael Roberts and I believe this is the post that started it all. At least, this is the earliest reference I could find of a pilot refusing the procedure. If I'm wrong let me know in the comments section.

No comments: